Entry Level – Two-Day Workshop
Gain Real Experience:
This course aims to provide knowledge and experience to students who want to have a career as Dental Nurses, Hygienists, or Dentists.
- GDC Guidelines
- Legal and Ethical
- X-ray Digital Process
- Disinfection and Decontamination of Dental Instruments
- Anatomy of the Tooth and Basic Anatomy
- Clinical Record Keeping
- Fluoride use, Effects of Fluorosis, which Dental Professionals are Authorised to Administer Topical Fluoride to Patients
- Dental Materials and Instruments
- PPE Personal Protective Equipment
Observing the Nurse Setting up the Surgery for Different Types of Dental Procedures.
- This will include Sterilising Instruments, Preparing Filings, Cleaning the Dental Surgery, and Carrying out Stock Control.
- Observing the Dentist or Hygienist while they Undertake their Duties.
This may include Preparing and Passing Instruments, Suctioning Water and Saliva from a Patient’s Mouth During a Treatment.
- Observing Reception Area. This Role may Include Observing and Taking Bookings and Payments.
On Completion of this Workshop, the Learner will be able to
- Define GDC Principles
- Identify Materials and Instruments
- Understand the Meaning of Infection Prevention and Control and why it is Important
- Process Digital X-rays
- Set Up a Dental Surgery
- Understand the Basic Anatomy of the Tooth
- Understanding of Signs and Symptoms and Management of Patient Care and Protocols
- Understand what the GDC Expects in Relation to the Duty of Candour
- Understand the Importance of Record Keeping in Dentistry and the Reason for Keeping Good Clinical Records
- Understand why Fluoride is used in Dentistry and how it is Delivered
- To understand the importance, and types of PPE
What We Provide To Students
Our Dental Experience Training has no formal entry qualifications, but students are expected to be sufficiently fluent in written and spoken English to communicate effectively with patients, their relatives, the dental team, and other healthcare professionals in the UK.
This training is for students aged 16+ years old.
Course Dates & Times
The Course is run on Saturdays and Weekdays during the Holidays
10:30 am -2:00 pm
Total Cost £399
To secure your seat, simply click the button below, or contact us at the number provided and our team will complete your registration.
Limited Seats are Available, Book Your Registration Today.